We are registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) as a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us. Kippie Lodge takes your privacy seriously. This privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you:
When you register as a member of Kippie Lodge, Sports & Country Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a young person aged 16 or under), we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
Contact details – e.g. name, address, email address and phone number.
Date of birth – to calculate membership category and eligibility for events and courses.
Family Details – to enable parental consent for children aged 16 years.
Payment details – bank account number, sort code, card details.
Participation details – types of preferred classes and activities booked at the club.
Equality information – sex, gender, disability, ethnic group and religion.
Extra information for safety and emergency details – e.g. next of kin, relevant health conditions.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ and customers’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We may use our members’ personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership pack, membership card, end of year renewal.
- Set up a membership online booking account enabling you to manage your Club membership facility use and communication preferences.
- Organise club activities that you wish to participate in.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Send our weekly members’ newsletter.
- Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the club, opportunities to get involved in all club events.
- Raise awareness of the club’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events. We will use this for promotion purposes.
- Send regular member surveys to ensure the Club is meeting its members’ needs.
- Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with obligations under:
- The Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007, which requires us to check that our coaches are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
- The Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
- Other uses of your personal information
- We value your privacy and do not sell your information to any third parties under any circumstances.
We would like to send you information about the products and services at the Club which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please email the Club at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also choose to “unsubscribe” to marketing communications by selecting this option at the bottom of every email we send.
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children. We may also share personal information with professional and legal advisors to the extent that we are required to do so by law.; or in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; or for the purpose of obtaining legal advice.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
Kippie Lodge may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
- XN Leisure and XN Protel provide our Dimension membership database.
- TSG are our IT consultants who ensure all data for the Club is handled securely on our behalf.
- G5 Technology process our Wi-Fi data on behalf of the Club and ensure it is handled securely on our behalf.
- The Bank of Scotland process payment transactions securely on our behalf.
- Mailchimp distribute some of our email communications. Their servers are based in the US and they uphold the EU Privacy Shield to certify their data security.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored in our membership database which is protected in a secure environment on an XN Leisure server based in the UK. The Club’s own servers and emails accounts are all based in the UK. Your data is accessed by our staff only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by our club in in both paper and electronic formats. All documentation is stored securely through password protected documents, firewall protected, encrypted files and locked filing cabinets.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. You agree not to share that password with anyone else.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 6 years.
As a data subject (an individual) you have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that we delete your personal information.
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
How to contact us
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
The Club is registered under Aberdeen Petroleum Club, Kippie Lodge, Registration Reference ZA272309.
It is a condition of membership that all Members of the Club comply with the House Rules.
The House Rules have been drawn up by the Management Committee to ensure the proper and safe use of the Club facilities with a view to all Members being able to use the facilities without interfering with the enjoyment of others.
All Members of the Club should familiarise themselves with the following House Rules.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We take CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) very seriously.
We recognise the important contributions made by the wider community (employees, members, suppliers and the local community) play a vital role in the success of the club.
In addition to fundraising we are proud of our commitment in supporting local schools from sponsoring events, group involvement and competitions.
Since 2010 Kippie has played host to a local cardiac rehabilitation class offering exercise and information following heart surgery.
Kippie also has a Waste Management and Recycling policy.